Here is an image of the original ranch homestead from back in the 1950’s. None of the big trees that are currently around it are visible in this image. This was before telephone and electricity had only been here less than a decade. We suspect that we will tear this old structure down by winter of 2005.
Other portions of the existing ranch were acquired by the Garst Family over the years. Various homesteaders worked the surrounding land in smaller sections. There are several other homesteads that we are looking for original photo’s of. The Grant place and the Morrow place are also incorporated into the current ranch. It would be nice to have those historic photo’s.